Sadness paid me a visit last evening.
With its cool demeanor, I was outstretched as a slotted spoon atop a glass of absinthe.
Sadness poured anguish and bewilderment over my emotions like cold iced water over a sugar cube diluting my essence leaving a cloudy milky opalescent heaviness within my being.
Out of this state of mind, a sweet-smelling aroma blossomed giving vision to my quest.
I’m now without hallucination and delusion because of my visitor’s stay.
© 2012, Nesi Writes
- Antique Absinthe Poster Designs (quazen.com)
- The Return of the Absintheur (theoriginalrowanmccabe.wordpress.com)
- Splurge of the Week: Heat Things Up With Absinthe (bellasugar.com)
- Absinthe Devil Releases Interesting Survey about the Preferences of Absinthe Drinkers (prweb.com)
- When Opium Was For Newborns And Bayer Sold Heroin [Secret History] (io9.com)